In addition to (or instead of) the standard PHP functionality, SunRa provides the following:
- clean and clear pythonesque syntax
- line-based/indentation-sensitive syntax.
- compile-time type checking & name resolution
- All variables, fields, etc. must have an explicit type. All names are resolved.
- enum classes
- SunRa emulates Java-style enum classes.
- object-oriented standard library
- SunRa's standard library uses PHP's built-in functionality but provides a nice OO interface
- code optimization & inlining
- code (to some extent) be optimized and one-liners can be inlined